Life: The Excitement of Biology is indexed by Biosis Previews, Biological Abstracts, CAB Abstracts, EBSCOhost Academic Search Ultimate, Google Scholar, Research Gate, Ulrichs, and Zoological Record!
To submit a paper, simply send a Word document to the Editor at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org . Mouse over Guidelines to authors … (below) for detailed instructions on how to put together a paper for Life: The Excitement of Biology.
Who Should Submit?
LEB invites authors interested in the promotion of understanding organisms’ origins, their biology, as well as their prolonged conservation and impact to humans to contribute articles to Life: The Excitement of Biology.
Benefits to Authors
- Editor’s Responsiveness. Authors are welcomed to contact the Editor-in-Chief of LEB directly to inquire on the status and other aspects of their paper. Typically, authors will receive a reply to their inquiry within 24 hours. The review process generally takes several weeks. Please, use the following email: email@example.com
- Fast Publication. All manuscripts are reviewed by, at least, two competent colleagues in a single-blind process. Papers are processed efficiently (2-3 months, see image at the bottom of this page). The online version is available as soon as possible after authors submit their final revision; the printed version is typically available within one additional month.
- High Quality Papers. LEB publishes high quality papers on all forms of life, such as bacteria, archaeans, plants, fungi, animals (including insects, humans, etc.), and others at all levels of the hierarchical biological organization, from the atomic to the biospheric. Some papers address the practical importance of organisms to human endeavors, others address the systematics or other aspects of their biology.
- Constructive Service to Authors. Although authors are responsible for providing manuscripts in standard English, the experienced Editor-in-Chief of LEB and a worldwide network of expert reviewers constructively help authors improve the scientific quality of their submitted review papers, as their time may allow.
- Author’s Control. Authors of papers for Life: The Excitement of Biology have multiple opportunities to proof-read their accepted review papers, while keeping their “voice”, as their work moves along towards expedient publication.
- Hard copy and digital versions available.
Page Charges for Authors
Page charge of $30.00 per printed page + an additional fee if the printed article has color images to defray costs of printing LEB. There are no discounts.
1. Check (also spelled cheque). If a payment is made using checks, there is a fee of $18.00 dollars per check for processing Canadian checks in US or Canadian dollars. Payments from a US bank made using US dollars carry no fee. Unfortunately, the costs of processing a check drawn on a bank account from any other country requires that the check be sent for collection, with a much higher fee, hence, I cannot accept them. In all cases, payment must be made to Blay Publishers LLC in US dollars where funds are drawn from a US bank (no additional fees).
2. PayPal. Invoices for page charges will be sent via email with instructions to securely pay through PayPal.
If payment in either of the two methods listed above is not possible, please contact Dr. Jorge Santiago-Blay at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may explore mutually realistic options.